Join us at Cookie College!
Lots of Vendors
All Things Baking
Cookie College 2023
May 7, 2023
DoubleTree Meadowlands, noon – 4 p.m.
The regional tradition of the cookie table is alive and well and will be celebrated at “Cookie College 2023” on Sunday, May 7 at the DoubleTree Hotel, Meadowlands.
The event is being hosted by the popular Facebook group, “The Wedding Cookie Table Community” that has nearly 120,000 members and established a Guinness record for the world’s largest wedding cookie table in Chess Park, Monongahela, PA on Sunday, August 11, 2019 with four weddings and 88,425 cookies.
Cookie College 2023 will feature two sumptuous cookie tables being designed by Mona D’Ambrosia of Mona’a Unique Boutique of Johnstown. Program participants will be able to see demonstrations of how their favorite cookies are made, such as peaches, ladylocks, nutrolls, pecan tassies and many more. Vendors whose products are used to make cookies or accompany the cookie table will be on hand. Some vendor spaces are still available. Experts will be demonstrating such things as how to design a cookie table, how to make serving pieces from thrift store finds and how to ship and freeze cookies. In addition to enjoying cookies from the cookie table, participants will be able to purchase cookies from various vendors.
USA Pans is offering a 5-piece baking set to the participant who comes to the event with the most creative apron. C Palmer Manufacturing of West Newton, the last manufacturer of pizzelle irons in the US, will have pizzelle irons available. Both USA Pans and C Palmer Manufacturing are donating prizes along with many other vendors for raffles. Cookie College 2023 is sponsored by the Washington County Tourism and Promotion Agency. Discounted hotel rooms are available at the DoubleTree Meadowlands for those attending the event. Admission tickets for $30 are available at https://CookieCollege2023.eventbrite.com Tickets will be available until the event sells out. Proceeds benefit the Monongahela Area Historical Society and their renovation of the Longwell House on West Main Street.
What is the Wedding Cookie College?
The Wedding Cookie College is a gathering of wedding cookie bakers, many whom are members of The Wedding Cookie Table Community.
- Learn from experts
- Purchase cookies and other products
- Exchange recipes
- Watch cookie-making demos
- Visit vendor stations
- Come to meet community members and friends
- See several types of wedding cookies demonstrated
- Meet various baking product vendors
- Licensed community member bakers will have a chance to sell cookies
- Purchase souvenir Guinness World’s Largest Wedding Cookie Table event items
Wedding Cookie College is sponsored by and benefits the Monongahela Area Historical Society, a cool, female-led organization that is a charitable 501 C3 and is working hard to build community and preserve wedding cookie history.
Just so you have an idea of what goes on…there were the presenters at the 2019 Cookie College
- Wedding Cookie College Baking Demos
- Carol Klaniecki DeAngelis – Springerle Demo
- Grama Joan’s Cookie Forms -Patty Wanca, Lady Lock Filling Demo, Selling Lady Lock Forms
- Lisa Betsch, Fabulous Homemade Cookies
- Janet Rands, Johnna Pro- Ribbon Jewel Demo
- Peg Lydic – Italian Peach Cookie Demo, Kolache Galore and More
- Lynn Sferra Hodos – Large Kolache Demo, Selling Kolache
- Cynthia Ferich – Pizzelle Shaping Demo
- Gerry Manko – Small Kolache Demo
- Cookie Decorating Demo – Catherine Marsh Gruda – Catherine’s Cookie Art – Offers Classes
- Cookies & Candy by Christy – Christy Johnson Fullwood, Lady Lock Rolling and Wrapping Demo, Selling Lady Locks, Peach Cookies and other Goodies
- Cynthia Ferich – Creative Pizzelle Shaping Demo
- Macaron Bar Pittsburgh – Macaron Demo, Kyle Oldefeld – Selling Macarons
- Karen Kunkle – Royal Icing and Stenciling Demo
- Darcy Palmieri Smouse – Palmer Manufacturing, Pizzelle, Galettes and Ravioli Cookie Demo And Selling the Irons
- Williams & Sonoma – Hamburger Cookie and Cut-Out Demo And Selling Products
A very special THANK YOU to Catherine Marsh Gruda and her wonderfully talented husband, singer & songwriter, Tom Gruda for creating “The Wedding Table Cookie” song for our community!