Join us at Cookie College!
Lots of Vendors
All Things Baking
What is the Wedding Cookie College?
With deep regret but an understanding of the current national and world climate, we must cancel the May 3 Wedding Cookie College. We’ve been working on the details and know you will understand. According to CDC guidelines, no events with than 50 people are to be held in the next 8 weeks and we fall within that period. We will start the process of refunding ticket purchase prices along with the fee you paid. We know this isn’t as hard as cancelling a wedding, but we’re still sad. When we have navigated these troubling waters and get safely to shore, we will look to schedule another cookie college. Thank you for understanding.
The Wedding Cookie College is a gathering of wedding cookie bakers, many whom are members of The Wedding Cookie Table Community.
- Learn from experts
- Purchase cookies and other products
- Exchange recipes
- Watch cookie-making demos
- Visit vendor stations
- Come to meet community members and friends
- See several types of wedding cookies demonstrated
- Meet various baking product vendors
- Licensed community member bakers will have a chance to sell cookies
- Purchase souvenir Guinness World’s Largest Wedding Cookie Table event items
Wedding Cookie College is sponsored by and benefits the Monongahela Area Historical Society, a cool, female-led organization that is a charitable 501 C3 and is working hard to build community and preserve wedding cookie history.
Just so you have an idea of what goes on…there were the presenters at the 2019 Cookie College
- Wedding Cookie College Baking Demos
- Carol Klaniecki DeAngelis – Springerle Demo
- Grama Joan’s Cookie Forms -Patty Wanca, Lady Lock Filling Demo, Selling Lady Lock Forms
- Lisa Betsch, Fabulous Homemade Cookies
- Janet Rands, Johnna Pro- Ribbon Jewel Demo
- Peg Lydic – Italian Peach Cookie Demo, Kolache Galore and More
- Lynn Sferra Hodos – Large Kolache Demo, Selling Kolache
- Cynthia Ferich – Pizzelle Shaping Demo
- Gerry Manko – Small Kolache Demo
- Cookie Decorating Demo – Catherine Marsh Gruda – Catherine’s Cookie Art – Offers Classes
- Cookies & Candy by Christy – Christy Johnson Fullwood, Lady Lock Rolling and Wrapping Demo, Selling Lady Locks, Peach Cookies and other Goodies
- Cynthia Ferich – Creative Pizzelle Shaping Demo
- Macaron Bar Pittsburgh – Macaron Demo, Kyle Oldefeld – Selling Macarons
- Karen Kunkle – Royal Icing and Stenciling Demo
- Darcy Palmieri Smouse – Palmer Manufacturing, Pizzelle, Galettes and Ravioli Cookie Demo And Selling the Irons
- Williams & Sonoma – Hamburger Cookie and Cut-Out Demo And Selling Products
A very special THANK YOU to Catherine Marsh Gruda and her wonderfully talented husband, singer & songwriter, Tom Gruda for creating “The Wedding Table Cookie” song for our community!